To apply for the doctoral study programme, you need to fill in an electronic application in the university information system (UIS) on https://is.czu.cz/prihlaska/?lang=en
If you are interested in more study programmes, you need to submit the electronic application for each programme separately. The completely filled in electronic application is to be submitted in the university information system by 22 August 2021 at the latest.
Documents needed when applying for doctoral study programmes
If you are applying for Doctoral study programmes, you will be asked to provide the following documents in the electronic application:
1. Document certifying the completion of Master’s study programme (Master’s diploma), ideally in the same or similar field of study as the Doctoral study programme you are applying for
2a) Certificate of Recognition of foreign higher education and qualification in the Czech Republic (“Nostrification clause”). If your Master’s diploma is issued abroad (with the exception of Slovakia*) and unless the international treaty states otherwise, you need to provide a Certificate of Recognition of foreign higher education and qualification in the Czech Republic (so-called “Nostrification” – more details on https://www.czu.cz/en/r-9188-study/r-9254-recognition-of-academic-diplomas).
*The graduates from a Slovak university submit only a notarized copy of a Master’s diploma.
2b) Notarized copy of a Masters’s diploma with adequate authentication + a notarized copy of a Transcript of records with adequate authentication (if you don´t have a Certificate of Recognition of foreign secondary education and qualification in the Czech Republic). If you don´t have a Certificate of Recognition of foreign higher education and qualification in the Czech Republic ready at the time of completing the electronic application, you can also have your foreign higher education evaluated as part of admission procedure at the Czech University of Life Sciences based on Rector’s Directive No.3/2019 – more details on https://www.czu.cz/en/r-9190-international-relations/r-9285-general-information/r-14705-foreign-education-evaluation/foreign-education-evaluation.html If you decide to proceed with the evaluation at the Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague, please attach the following documents in your electronic application:
- notarized copy of a Master’s diploma with adequate authentication*
- notarized copy of a Transcript of records with adequate authentication*
*The type of authentication of both documents depends on International agreements signed between the Czech Republic and your country of origin. Documents from some countries need to be superlegalised, from other countries apostilled or just notarized. Please click on the link below to see what type of authentication applies to your country: https://www.czu.cz/en/r-9190-international-relations/r-9285-general-information/r-14705-foreign-education-evaluation/authentication-of-documents.html
The usual steps in authentication of documents are as follows (although these can vary in particular countries):
- You need to authenticate the original Diploma and Transcript of records in accordance with the relevant International Agreement (Apostille or Superlegelization by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where documents were issued and by Czech Embassy in that country).
- You need to visit the public notary to make the notary verified copies of authenticated Diploma and Transcript of records in such a way that each page containing information is stamped by a public notary.
- If your documents are not issued in English, Czech or Slovak, you need to visit certified translator to translate the notary verified copies into Czech or English and to officially append the translation to the notary verified copies. In that way, the notary stamp is translated as well and original documents are not damaged by the attachment.
3) Two letters of recommendation written in English
4) Professional curriculum vitae including scientific papers published so far