If we understand what is happening in the environment, we will be able to better protect the environment, but also use natural resources more efficiently.
The study programme focuses mainly on soil and water, which are the two most important components of the environment.Without soil and water, life on earth would not be possible.Their quality directly affects plants and animals and thus the quality of food.
As part of your studies, you will learn how to assess soil and water resources, how soil organisms and plants interact with the soil environment, how contaminants from various resources migrate in the soil and water environments, and how these contaminates affect living organisms.
is suitable for you if:
You are interested in, for example:
- how to ensure enough water for plant growth,
- how to prevent soil and groundwater pollution,
- how to avoid soil degradation,
- how to remediate degraded soils,
- how soil environment can influence soil animals,
- how soil conditions can affect plant growth and food quality,
- how to improve soils with respect to their agricultural use.
What will be my career opportunities?
You will have very flexible career opportunities in the food sector, both nationally and internationally. You will be a strong candidate for
- in companies, organizations and institutions dealing with the protection and use of natural resources, focusing mainly on water, soil and plants, both in relation to agricultural activities and the care of the landscape,
- as specialists and independent consultants in environmental monitoring and evaluation of the impact of economic activities on individual components of the biosphere,
- as experts in control and inspection bodies of regional and state administration,
- as researchers in national and international research institutes,
- as experts in solving international development projects.
We will teach you how to monitor and interpret the interactions of the soil and water environments with the surrounding environment, how to protect these environments from negative external influences or even how to improve soil and water conditions with regard to their protection but also for their use.
In addition to theoretical knowledge, you will also have the opportunity to gain practical experience. As part of your diploma thesis, you will work on scientific as well as practical projects solved at departments involved in the teaching of this programme. You will become experts in the protection of soil and water resources, and the use of these natural resources.