Agriculture and healthy food respecting the environment
The master's degree programme is tailored for students who are interested in the environment, agriculture, food production and food quality and who are curious about how to manage food production activities in a sustainable way.
Food production faces new challenges towards greater sustainability. There is a huge consumer pressure towards food quality and safety, improved public health and reduced environmental impacts. Commitments of the EU towards carbon free economics and the new Farm to Fork Strategy suggest coming changes in the food markets and our dietary patterns towards plant-based foods. The future managers of the food sector will have to deal with these challenges, contributing to the development and implementation of sustainable food processes and related activities, and to the development of environmentally and socially responsible organisations. It can be you.
is suitable for you if:
- have a passion for the environment, biology, chemistry,
- want to know how our food is made from “Farm to Fork“,
- care about food quality and safety and you want to know how our food is actually produced and processed,
- like to study in an international multicultural environment,
- like to travel and fancy spending one semester abroad,
- want to engage in discussions about the future human diet and sustainability.
What will be my career opportunities?
You will have very flexible career opportunities in the food sector, both nationally and internationally. You will be a strong candidate for
- management positions in governmental organisations,
- food industries,
- SMEs or other organizations involved in the food and agricultural sector.
The programme is taught in English and can be studied entirely in Prague or as a double degree programme with the University of Pisa. The choice can be made during the first semester. Double degree students will spend one semester in Pisa and will receive two diplomas and academic degrees.
You will learn about sustainable agricultural practices, acquire knowledge in chemistry to be able to understand food quality, learn about novel biotechnology approaches, food production techniques, sustainability and how to measure sustainability. You will have the opportunity to choose your MSc. project based on your preferences in one of the laboratories, either in food quality assessment using top LC-MS or NMR techniques, gene techniques in Pisa University research facilities, and also in the field of food technology production.