Sustainability for nature and mankind
The growing civilization faces an extreme challenge regarding its sustainable development. The natural resources are under pressure which never happened before. A management of resources that serve mankind is highly needed. A failure in proper use of natural resources means future failure of the civilization. A three-year bachelor´s study programme aims to teach students how to manage sustainability of natural resources exploitation together with mankind development. The main focus of our programme is exploitation of natural resources tightly connected to food production. Soil and water are the key players in the story.
Our programme is designed to provide its students with a strong knowledge of the studied topics and with a strong theoretical background in specialised classes. Balanced combination of classes, excursions and practical training is targeted to make you a ready to work as a specialist in area of natural resources exploitation and protection. With us you will be ready to manage natural resources that will sustainably serve people.
is suitable for you if:
- are interested in the environment around you,
- like to know how agriculture production works and how it affects nature,
- feel there is a parallel need for both protection of nature and mankind development,
- like creative work combining indoor and outdoor activities,
- like to learn how new technologies can be used for improvement of your environment.
What will be my career opportunities?
After graduation, you can continue to study a master´s programme Natural Resources and Environment or a programme Natural Resources Management and Ecological Engineering. Alternatively, you can find employment as:
- a civil servant for (local) governments or ministries of agriculture or environment
- consultant in private sector or NGOs focused on natural resources management connected mainly to soil, water and waste management,
- junior researcher.