Learn about how our food is made, from farm to fork
The three-year bachelor's degree programme is tailored for students who are interested in how food is actually made, what defines food quality in the chain from farm-to-fork.
Food production faces new challenges with higher consumer pressure on its quality and safety. The quality can be understood from different points of view and is not only determined by the manufacturing, but also by the agricultural practices. Overuse of pesticides, food additives and the high carbon footprint of current foods will be future challenge for the managers in the food sector and agribusiness. Moreover, organic farming and the changing consumer preferences open market opportunities for young, enthusiastic organic farmers and innovative small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). The choice is yours. This programme is going to provide you with a solid knowledge background for your future career.
The programme is taught in English in a friendly international environment in a beautiful green university campus close to the historical city of Prague, a UNESCO site. You will learn about agricultural practices, what defines sustainable agriculture, acquire knowledge in both plant and animal biology, nutritional needs, microbes around us, soil and the environment. The last year of your study will be largely focused on food quality and technology. You will take practical trainings in food manufacturing at the university’s new food demonstration facilities and well-equipped food analysis laboratories.
Does this programme suit me?
- Agriculture and Food suits you if...
- You have a passion for the environment, biology, chemistry,
- You want to know how our food is made from “Farm to Fork“,
- You care about food quality and safety and you want to know how our food is actually produced in the field and subsequently processed,
- You want to have hands-on experience in food manufacturing and food analysis,
- You like to study in an international multicultural environment.
What will be my career opportunities?
You will have very flexible career opportunities in the food sector, both nationally and internationally. You will be a strong candidate for:
- positions in governmental organisations,
- food industry sectors,
- SMEs or other organisations involved in the food and agricultural sector.